Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All Work and No Play

My friend Britni landed Jakob and I jobs at Celebrate Kids. It is a company that does children's birthday parties and events. My Job includes face painting, animal balloon twisting, attending those rather large bounce houses (some of which spray water!) and we dress up as anything from a clown to Spongebob Squarepants. Do not be fooled there is far more to kids birthday parties than meets the eye. For Easter Jakob dresses up as Funshine the Carebear. It was adoreable to see kids run up to him in this HUGE yellow bear costume and give him hugs. He says that it rather hard to see in the 2 inch wholes they have for eyes spaced about 6 inches apart. He'd go to give one child a hug and knock 3 over in the process.


I was Princess Belle for a party last week and in the middle of doing the limbo my zipper popped and the back of my dress was hanging open showing my entire bare back! Last week while I was training, Britni was supposed to be Minnie Mouse but the costume was a little small. Quite puzzled as to what we were going to do, and after attempting to squees she looks at me smiles and says "Here you go Minnie." My fist ever birthday party and I'm front and center! There is never a dull moment. I am so exited to see what they have Jakob do next!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I would want to hug that huge Care Bear too! Very cute.