Sunday, November 15, 2009

High on the Mountian Top!

Last year, the Tobler family was putting me through daughter-in-law-training, and they took me hiking up Mount Charleston. For Remembrance Day Jakob and I decided that we would return to yonder mount and hike again. The trail we wanted to do was closed for some unknown reason so we took a different path. It said that the hike time was two hours up and two hours back down. Now I thought is that two hours Rachel Tobler marathon runner time or two hour Stephanie time? Regardless we began our endeavor. I am SO out of shape it is not even funny! An hour in Jakob and I had to call it quits. (Disclaimer: Jakob was fine, I was not!) It was beautiful out though and it was nice to spend some quality time with each other! It is time for me to hit the treadmill and get my stamina back!


Like Father like Son. Dad Tobler likes sniffing trees. He says hes sniffing for vanilla, but we all know he's just looking to mark his territory.


This tree was hollow and I could fit inside of it.


On the down hill I was a little bit faster. Jakob liked to enjoy the view. Once again life's tender mercies. Sometimes you just need to slow down.

No comments: