Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ready To *POP*

Since I will not officially be making it to my 40 weeks I thought I'd post about week 39 for my final pregnancy update. We are scheduled to be induced Thursday the 23rd at 5:00 p.m. so ready or not she's coming. I really hope she decides to make her grand entrance before then... as if labor doesn't sound bad enough... forced labor sounds 100 times worse!

How far along? 39 Weeks.
Total weight loss/ gained? +38 lbs (158 lbs)
Name? Ethnie Lauren Tobler
Maternity clothes? I just love being in sweats and a hoodie. Let's be serious, nothing I wear looks flattering right now. :)
Stretch marks? They have migrated from my belly button to my other hip. Everything is still super small for which I'm grateful! I thought I was going to have it a lot worse than I did.
Sleep? Still tossing and turning and dreaming all night long!! I do feel rested though, I honestly feel wonderful. Still so spoiled... I'm sure I'm going to pay for it soon however, no one can be this lucky ;).
Best moment this week? Our photo shoot was so wonderful! Jenna is amazing and we had such a wonderful time, that was then followed up with going to the temple with Mom and Dad. The session went by so fast!! It was so nice to go, it has been tooooo long!!
Missing anything? Not having to crawl out of the car, being able to wear high heels, clothes that fit, sleeping on my back, being able to hug and cuddle with Jakob without my belly getting in the way, being able to put my pants on without effort. I sound so selfish but I'm just ready to be done at this point. Dear Ethnie, Daddy wants to hold you too!!
Movement? Monday she was just a bucket of wiggles! Good gracious! She moves quite a bit still, it's a good thing because every time she stops I have a mini panic attack.
Food cravings? COOKIES! I made 7 dozen Momma van den Berge cookies and I cannot get enough! So good!! Don't worry they aren't all for me.
Anything making you queasy/ sick? Nope.
Labor signs? Contractions!!! I'm doing everything I can to try and get things moving but she's rather stubborn! Good gracious. Monday I moved two dressers, did 5 loads of laundry, scrubbed the bathroom, vacuumed, and was organizing like a crazy woman and still no baby! I've gone hiking, I walk for at least an hour or more every day, and I relax in between. Nothing is working. I really do not like not knowing what day she's going to make her grand entrance! I know she'll come when she comes and if not Thursday the 23rd it is!
Belly button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off? I took them off just to be safe and I don't think Jakob likes it very much even though I am wearing them around my neck. He's always liked playing with my wedding rings while he holds my hand. They still fit but I'd rather be safe than sorry!
Mood? Sunday I was being such a brat. I knew I was cranky and I just wanted to scream because I knew I was begin irrational and there was nothing I could do to stop it. It didn't help either when Dad and Jakob both said that I was allowed to be grumpy. No I'm not, I had no good reason to be. Lol just thinking about it makes me mad. Other than that I am still for the most part happy. I know I have a super short fuse but I'm trying to keep that under control. No one needs to put up with my drama :). For the most part I am just super anxious!!! COME ON LITTLE GIRL!!
Any fun symptoms? Sleepy, moody, heartburn (more formally know as the fire breathing dragon! It's all in my throat and mouth, yuck) and HUNGRY! I could eat enough food to feed an army! Good gravy!
Looking forward too? Her arrival, have I mentioned that yet? LOL. We are so excited to meet our little girl. I cannot wait to watch Jakob hold her, I'm sure my understanding of love will be redefined as I see the look on his face. I am so grateful for all of the love and support we have received from family and friends. Thank you soooo much!

T-4 days and counting. I can't believe it!!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

SOON!!! You will have your precious girl :)!

Jenna Scott said...

Can't wait to meet Ethnie, not only are you guys excited, you've got a rather big group of family and friends waiting!! She is going to be one spoiled baby!

Unknown said...

That picture of you is so cute! I can't believe the time has come already! I thought you were due at the end of the month so you still had more time, but clearly I was wrong. I am so very excited for you!

The Nielsons said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Enjoy your last few days of sleep!!!