Monday, July 9, 2012

The 4th

 We most certainly had a very full 4th of July celebration. I love holidays, I especially love holidays that Jakob gets off of work so we get to spend some time together. Like last year, Jakob and I were in the Summerlin Parade. Ethnie decided to freak out all night long the night before so we were a little bit sleepy. Jakob was Captain America again only this year he was a little more famous. I suppose having two movies over the course of the year helped quite a bit. I was an assistant supervisor, directing characters to be in the right place at the right time.

 Since Ariel couldn't exactly walk to her float Captain America had to carry her. People got quite a laugh and kept on shouting "Nice work Captain."

 Everyone wanted a picture with Captain America. He even got a proposal. Golly, I had better watch out!! 

 Since we were in the parade, Gramma and Grampa graciously took Ethnie to watch from the side lines. 

 She sure does love her Grampa.

 Here we go! 

 The Star Wars fleet was a hit as per usual! Everyone was ranting and raving about them. I must admit they are pretty impressive!

 There's our Captain. What a hunk!

 Poor Peanut. It was hot and humid and someone just couldn't stay awake long enough to see Daddy go by, That's okay, there's always next year. She'll be walking and starting to talk by then! Good Gravy!!

We then had a 2:00 p.m. lunch with the Waggoners. It was lovely. The night before Jakob came home from work and told me that he received 4 comp tickets to Celine Dion and asked if I wanted to go. I promptly called Mom, who promptly called the Waggoners, who graciously agreed to making dinner earlier and then agreed to babysit for the evening. So I would like to give a shout out to them! Thank you for being so wonderful and watching Ethnie for us! I truly appreciate it!!! It was my first time leaving her with non-family (She did stay at the Terry's for the day a few times while Jakob studied but Jakob was less than five minutes away if necessary.) Mom and Dad were teasing me because I was a little bit nervous even though I knew the Waggoners were beyond qualified and would probably give her more attention than I would. 

 We got all dressed up, after all this was an occasion, and headed down to Ceasers Palace to see the show. We were on the first balcony in the back row, not close enough to see her facial expressions but far enough back to see all of the lighting effects and so forth. It was very nice! Celine put on a wonderful show!!

 Dad happened to get a few compliments on his tux, they were all from men, but that really doesn't matter. :)

 It was a wodnerful evening followed up by fireworks lighting up the city on the drive home. I am very thankful to live in such a beautiful country with my darling husband and his family. We are so blessed in every single way and I am so thankful for the men and women who sacrifice for our freedom! I know I put on a Canadian show a lot of the time, and Canada will always be my home. Nevertheless and I very proud to live in the United States. 

No comments: