Monday, August 3, 2015

Duke 2 Years


  • Weight: 28 lbs 8oz (50th Percentile)
  • Height: 2' 10.4" (50th Percentile)
  • Head Circumference: 20.4"
  • Nicknames: Little Man, Monkey, Booger, "Duke Manfred"  or just Manfred.
  •  Duke is a mountain goat. He {loves} to climb. 
  • He loves to sort and stack things, usually from my pantry if I leave it unlocked. He is all about towers.  
  • Duke has all of his teeth and he knows how to use them. 
  • He has a laugh that comes from his toes and you can't help but laughing with him! 
  • He has started to say a few words like Mama, DAAAAAAD!, Cheese, Chase, NO, Shoes, who is that? What is that? and that's really about it. He is a boy of very few words but he knows exactly what you're saying and communicates what he wants pretty well.  
  • Duke's favorite foods include; FOOD! He will eat pretty well anything. His favorites are pizza, apple sauce, fruits of all kinds especially bananas, hot dogs, eggs gold fish, KETCHUP and whatever you are eating. Most days we have to cut him off since he over eats. He is not a fan of veggies, avocado, cheese or rice. When he's done eating he likes to throw everything onto the floor just to really show you that he's done.
  • Duke's favorite toys include; The monkey I made for him,Spike, His puppy, Buzz Lightyear and his blue fuzzy blanket and any toy that sister is currently playing with. He likes to build towers with Lego's. He also likes Mr. Potato Head, balls, cars and trains.  
  • Duke loves Buzz and he'll run around with his little arm out and his over arm pushing down on the outstretched forearm saying "pew pew pew" like buzz light years lazer. It's hilarious. 
    • He likes his shows. He will watch anything with the new kind of animation (Pixar) he {loves} Toy Story and Buzz. He really likes Despicable Me.
    • Duke is a pretty chill kid. He is SUPER busy and always into things (like my fridge if I don't lock it) but he is pretty happy to be doing whatever you're doing just following along.
    • If I would allow it he would spend his entire day outside. He loves to explore, run and climb around in the back yard. 
    • He's gotten good at saying prayers and folding his arms. He won't say much but he'll say Mama when we say we're thankful for Mama and Daddy. And he'll say Amen.
      • He is much less destructive and knows not to touch certain things like my books on the book shelf or my decorations on the floor. He will test the waters occasionally to see if I'll stop him. It usually starts with him tip toeing over, checking to see if I'm looking which is when I tell him not to touch whatever he's about to grab, he smiles and uses one finger to get REALLY close and then looks back and laughs and then runs away. 
      • He hates wearing socks but doesn't mind them if he's wearing shoes.He loves wearing clothes and cries at the end of every day when we strip him down for tub time. He especially loves shoes.
      • He loves to hug and snuggle and will run up and just hug your legs or burrow his head into your neck and pat your back. It melts my heart every time.
      • If there's a latch/ lock off a cupboard he knows it. It is amazing how fast that kid can mess up and pull everything out onto the floor.
      • Duke likes to get his dance on! He hears a jam and he's got is boogie on. It's my favorite.
      • He loves our nightly chase to bed routine.
      • He usually won't sit and read books but he loves Matthew vanFleet the best and Big Elmo books. 
      • He is on a pretty strict routine and his knows when everything happens. If he is late for a nap he'll let you know Here's his current routine. Up at 7:30- 8:30 . Breakfast as soon as he wakes up.Nap at 10:00. Up by 12:30 (he usually wakes up by 11:45 -12). Lunch at 12:30. Community nap time at 2:30 (E goes down too). Up by 5:00-5:30. Dinner at 6:00. Bath at 7:15 and bed by 8:00. I was thinking of switching him to one nap but there is no way. He still needs two and doesn't even fight them. He loves nap time and if I run behind he usually comes to me with his blanket, sue and a toy and drags me to his room. We will be switching to one nap come November.
      • This kid is a TANK! I swear he gets bigger and heavier every day!!

      Seriously, my baby needs to stop growing up! Duke is full of such light and laughter and I am so thankful that I get to be his Mama. He brings so much joy and love into our home. He is 100% boy and that is a fun learning curve but I couldn't imagine our lives without him. Gosh I {love} this boy!!!

              4 comments:

              Janet said...

              So adorable!! Can't wait to get Benicio and Duke together!!!

              Rach and Clark said...

              Awwww, what a cutie! He's growing up so dang fast! Seriously though, how can he be only in the 50th percentile for height and weight?!

              Rach and Clark said...
              This comment has been removed by the author.
              Stephanie Tobler said...

              Seriously Rachel, I feel like he's huge and he's wearing almost everything 3T. He still wears 2T pants because he has Tobler legs but I think he's a giant!