One day I was in a meeting with my activities committee. It was at my house and Jakob had taken the kids down stairs to play so that we could have our meeting in peace. It was a BIG meeting, our first one, and we had a LOT to plan, which took almost 2 hours. During that time I heard a few screams from down stairs and I took a peak at the clock and mentioned it was bed time. One of the sisters asked if I needed to put my kids to bed. I told her that Jakob would take care of it and returned to writing down notes on my paper. She scoffed and said "My husband would never put my kids to bed!" Before I could answer her another newly wed sister said "Men are either horses, donkey's or mules. Horses can be trained but still at times put up a fight, donkey's are just bums, and a mule is a bit of both." Without skipping a beat I smiled and said "Then my husband is a unicorn!" (In the most un-gay way imaginable!) Jakob almost walks on water! He is so supportive, respects my space, my thoughts, my feelings and my desires, he works hard for our family, and he is an amazing Father who I rely on with my children. We co-parent and I am amazed at how many people I run into just simply don't. Their husbands don't help with bath or bed, they don't help feed, or punish, or do the stuff that is hard. Jakob and I are partners 100% of the way, we serve each other, and he is my unicorn. He is incredible!
The other day was a hard one as all mothers know. The kind where kids are loud, the house is a mess and things just don't seem to go as planned. It was Friday and things had been busy for Jakob at work. I figured that he would be working late and that the errands that I had wanted to get done would have to wait until later the next day. Just before nap time was over, Jakob came home... early! I was so surprised. He hugged me and asked how he could help. I explained that I had a few errands I needed to run and he gladly said that he would take care of dinner and do bed time and for me to take my time. I went out to the car and started to drive away when I realized I had a flat tire.
Jakob very calmly put the tire back on and fixed the car up and once again sent me one my way.
He didn't call saying that the kids were wild and for me to come home, or that he couldn't do dinner, he took care of life at home and I came back to food and just in time to help with singing time as the kids went to bed. My husband is amazing and while he is not perfect I am SO thankful for all that he does to help and to love me. I couldn't imagine anyone better! I have been so incredibly blessed!



1 comment:
Ahhh...makes my mother heart so happy and proud.
Post a Comment