While we were in Canada my sister Mel & her hubby Mike were kind enough to drive 7 hours (3 1/2 h there and back) from Calgary to visit us for an evening! I was so grateful my heart could have burst!
We sat and visited and got some food.
Mom gave Mel some of Daddy's "treasures" (he had some of the strangest things.) And it was nice just to talk.
Ethnie thought that Mel was just beautiful and asked over and over if she could come play at our house.
While I missed the opportunity of having a sister while I was growing up I feel this overwhelming joy that we could spend some time together. I wish that we were able to talk more, to do more but this time of year things are crazy. It feels strange to go from the "oldest" to the "middle" child, and while we are really too old for that I am so excited to get to know her better!
Thank you so much Mike & Mel for coming up and taking the time out of your busy lives! It really meant the world to me and I hope that on our next trip (in the summer??) we will be able to come to you!! Love you!







1 comment:
What an awesome time. With a beautiful sister. Your trip looks so fun!
Post a Comment