For thanksgiving this year we stayed home and oh my gracious it was so nice! Since we weren't having any family come we decided to do Friendsgiving. Caleb (a friend of Jakob's from his home ward in Vegas) just moved to Missouri a few months ago with his wifey. We still hadn't met her so we invited them up... and they said yes which meant I actually had to make a thanksgiving dinner..... YIKES!
After putting on a Thanksgiving dinner last year with Janet I wasn't TOTALLY freaked out about the sides but the turkey had me terrified! After chatting with Mom Tobler and Melanie I made up a plan.
All stuffed with veggies and ready to go!
So beautiful!
The rest of the meal I cheated on... cranberries (from a can), sweet potatoes (from scratch and received lots of compliments. I used this recipe.) Mashed Potatoes (done by Jakob), turkey, stuffing (from a box), fresh green beans, and rolls (from a bag). Oh and Dixie salad which I left in the fridge and totally forgot about. Tiffani brought Pumpkin Cheesecake and Berry Pie. Delish!
Caleb and his wifey Tiffani.
The best shot I got of the group! FAIL! It was great meeting Tiffani and visiting with Caleb! We are looking forward to seeing them more now that they live 2 hours away!!!
This year instead of a gratitude tree we did a gratitude chalkboard. It was lots of fun!
And once Caleb and Tiff headed home, it was snuggle time. It was a wonderful thanksgiving!!!! We have so much to be thankful for. Family, friends, our home, our health, our jobs, our Savior, our ward family, our warm beds, clean water, my dear husband and the list goes on and on. We are so blessed!














1 comment:
Looks like you did an amazing job! 😊
Post a Comment