Weight: 39 lbs
Nicknames: E, Ethie, Little Person, Peanut
- Ethnie loves to craft. I'm sure that she wants to do what Mama's doing but she is very creative. I had to make her her own craft table so that she could have her own creative space. She's mostly into painting right now but really wants to start sewing which I may set her up on my extra sewing machine. She likes to make things and paper creations for people.
- E is now going to school four days a week in the mornings. She is a peer model at Duke's Special Ed school and she is doing really well. She likes going and playing with her friends Alya and Dominay. I really love this program and how it teaches her classroom skills as well as being a good helper for children like Duke.
- E is an excellent big sister, helping Duke and trying to figure out what he wants. She is also a fantastic helper with Gretta getting her lunch out and helping to feed her, playing games and talking to her. She wants a sister more than anything and I'm grateful that we have Gretta to help fill that desire.
- She is super excited about the baby and loves to feel him kick! She also continually asks me about her "sister." She is down right convinced that she will be having a sister after her little brother comes and she talks about her all the time. I try to explain to her that we don't get to choose and she said "Mama, we will have another party where we pop balloons and then the funfetti inside the balloons will be pink and then you will have to say Ethnie, you was right!"
- E is a totally girly girl! She is ALWAYS in a dress and in the winter wears leggings under her dresses. She also ALWAYS has her hair in a "Daddy Tail." That is it. I was actually amazed when she agreed to have her hair down for her pictures. I can usually put a braid or something fancy in her hair up a bit, but it has to end in a pony, in the middle, in the back.
- E loves dance parties and she knows most of the words to the songs on the radio, which really makes a parent listen to lyrics. She has some pretty awesome moves. She isn't currently in dance class but we are looking at putting her back into a class come the fall.
- On that same note, E loves to sing and has a pretty good voice! She will lay in bed and just sing all sorts of songs, primary, Taylor Swift (her favorite) or she will make up songs which makes me smile.
- E still loves to Skype and talk on the phone. It keeps our far away family a little bit closer. She has no problem at all with technology and can operate any device in our house with ease.
- E loves to write notes for people. She knows all of her letters and can write them very well but she just uses squiggles when writing notes. They are so sweet and I love hearing her "translate" her notes for people.
- Ethnie loves to play games as a family. She really enjoys her new Peppa Pig game (a variation of Snakes and Ladders), Uno and Sequence.
- She still likes to dress up but she isn't into princesses as much any more. Her current favorite is Moana. I am a bit heartbroken that this phase is coming to a close. It was so much fun!!
- E loves to shop. She still works to earn money but she would rather just make a list and wait until Christmas or her birthday, which cracks me up.
- E loves winter and the snow. WE had a few snow days here in KC this year and she was outside for hours playing in the snow. A true Canadian.
- While I still have E take a nap every day from 2:00-5:00 most days she just lays in her bed and plays. I know with kindergarten her days of "naps" are numbered but we still have quiet time.
- E loves to travel and will often ask when's the next time she can get on an airplane. This girl has flown so much in her short life.
- Favorite foods: PB&J, pasta with butter, all fruit, quesadillas, milk and cereal, Costco pizza, green shakes and pancakes.She has tried a few new things but she is pretty fussy.
- Favorite Toys: Barbies, My Little Ponies, she still plays with her clippy dolls but not as much, anything crafty.
- E just wants to be my shadow. She doesn't like to be alone and really wants to be doing whatever you are doing. She will help me cook, clean, sort, organize, craft. She just likes to be with you.
- E has started asking a lot of grown up questions. Such as, how did Opa get to Heavenly Father? Will they have to cut your tummy to get the baby out? Why does the sun go down at night? She wants to know how things work and likes to understand why. It's a super fun phase where she is just soaking up everything. I'm really excited for her to start school in the fall. She is one very smart little girl!
This girl is such a huge part of my world! She is my best friend and she genuinely wants to make everyone happy. I am so grateful I get to call her mine. She blesses my life everyday and I find so much joy in being her Mama. Happy Birthday Miss Ethnie. I can't believe that you are FIVE! Please can I just freeze time?







No comments:
Post a Comment