Our friend was going througth the temple for the first time and invited us to come along. The temple is on an appointment/ living ordinances only, for sealings and endowments because of Covid. Which means it's a pretty big deal to be able to attend at all. I got all dressed up and put on a face and did my hair.
We get into the building and take out our card to get scanned. Our cards ended up being expired. It read August of 2020.... it's 2021. I called the bishop and he said that he would vouch for us and that we could go in but they wouldn't allow it. to say I was salty would be a major understatement. We were worthy, had an endorsement form the bishop and with COVID going to the temple is a big deal, not to mention the babysitter we had to get and pay for. And while I was obviously unimpressed with the whole situation, I couldn't help but think of the 10 virgins. How they were all there, all invited and ready to go but when the time came some where not 100% prepared and when they asked for help, they still couldn't get in.
One day this will serve as a great object lesson, but until then, I have some cute temple pictures ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment