WARNING : This blog is horribly written. I apologize in advance!
This weekend I had my first ever solo birthday party! YAY! It was so mu
ch fun and went so horribly wrong that if I wasn't doing it for a friend then I would have been the worst High School Musical Sharpay in the history of all time. Does that sounds dramatic or what! :) In weeks prior to this experience my friend Britni proposed this plan to have this HUGE inflatable water slide for her sisters 5th birthday party. (Britni is the one who hooked Jakob and I up with our sweet Care Bear Job.) Her plan later developed into having ME (someone who has never done a birthday party on her own and has only watched 2 on previous occasions) come as Sharpay from High School Musical. I wouldn't have been so nervous had it not been for her calling me at 11:00 p.m. to share more ideas as to how I can be the "perfect" Sharpay. She told me to watch all 3 of the movies so I did in a span of 24 hours (talk about an overload) only to discover that I am to portray this wildly dressed, stuck up girl who can sing, dance and she takes orders from no one. Hmmm?? For a month she and I planned this party. I couldn't sleep the night before, I was so nervous, and all over a 5 year old's birthday.Well the day arrives. Britni came over previously and picked out my outfit the day before. I threw it all in my bag and went to work. They had me scheduled to "observe" 2 parties before I had to do Brit's. Thinking I have this all under control I call Britni outside of her house and she helps me get my bleac
h blonde wig on while I change. Oh, no hair net. Good thing she had a spare in her car. With Brit trying to hide the last of my brown hair under the hat and wig I reach into my bag to find I forgot my pants. Yes it was one of those things that people only dream about. I was previously wearing scrubs, defiantly NOT very Sharpay. No worry! We get Britni's pants I try them on only to find that they are slightly too big. Standing there, holding these pants freaking out that they'll fall down right in the middle of the Hokey pokey, Britni darts into her stepmom's closet and throws something at me. YES! Capris & they fit perfectly. I leave my clothes and my cell phone in the house and race to the car to get the rest of the stuff. Face Paint Kit, Check. CD Player, Check. Magic Cupcake, Check. Cupcake inside of cooler, MISSING!!!!(Crash Course on Magic Cupcake: Take ingredients (flower, sugar, magic dust ect.) and place in pan. Mix it up. Show kids... no cupcake. Put lid on. Bippity boppity boo cup cake appears!) And that cup cake was missing. No worries I'll call Brit. Oops, my cell phone is in the house. Well now I'm practically in tears
. I go to the door. Jessica opens it. Took her awhile to figure out who I was but she was thrilled! I start face painting. Tell Britni of the Cupcake so she leaves and drives to find one. She returns. Thinking I'm in the clear I try to relax. Time for dancing. Open CD player and there's no CD. Perfect. Britni races to my car to see if I had a spare YES! Do dances. Scavenger hunt time! Flawless until... some girl didn't find the golden rock that gets you another prize. So she starts screaming. :) Oh boy. Then time for magic. Yes it went well until I go and tell her to take a bite and she looks at me and says "I'm allergic to eggs." I look at her, look at Britni and then I say "Well, It's Mothers Day tomorrow how about this birthday treat goes to mom." YES she agreed. Then pictures and YAY! ALL DONE! 
For my first party I think it went rather well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment