Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Beach Bums

In Canada our "Black Friday" is called "Boxing Day" and it is the day after Christmas. However, I think you Americans have got it right, the sale should be before Christmas. I wanted to go to the beach to take some pictures and see if I could find any sales. Alas nothing but we did have a good time as beach bums.

I have always loved the beach, the ocean however scares me. To know that I am standing in the same water as great white sharks, great blue whales and giants squids is just a little much for my little mind to handle.

It was cold so needless to say we were not all for joining the surfers in the frigid water. While searching the beach for some pretty shells we happened upon a poor crab that had lost a leg in battle.

With a little pleading Jakob picked him up, after getting pinched, to put him back into his home. Holy Moses he threw the poor thing high (personally I think it was pay back). He may get washed back up onto shore but at least we gave him a second shot at life.

This is Morro Rock. It is a dormant volcano that sits right on the coast line. Eventually it will fall into the ocean just like most of California. (Just kidding Jess.)

I happened to think that this was quite cute. Smoking is disgusting but at least the butt bin was cute.

We had a lot of fun in California and are quite exited to go back in the summer so we can work on our tans. Perhaps I'll even conquer my fear of the ocean. Thank you so much once again to the Gorbahn family for inviting us to visit. We love you all!

No comments: