
Exhibit A: Cranberry Muffin
Last night after taking my 3 hour nap, I had a mad craving for a cranberry muffin as shown above. Jakob looked at me and cocked his head to the side and said "A cranberry huh?" and then made me Google it to prove the existence of such a thing. One of the things I dearly miss from Canada would have to be the food such as Tim Horton's (where we find said cranberry muffin) and a fair few junk food items like chips and chocolate. After some research we found we can purchase said muffins at Starbucks, but I thought baking my own would be a much better plan.
The Recipe:
Buttermilk Cranberry Muffins
Ready in: 30-60 minutes
Difficulty:3
Serves/ Makes: 12
Ingredients:
1 large egg
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
1 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1.2 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts)
1/2 cup dried sweeten cranberries (I used WAY more!)
Directions:
Beat egg, buttermilk, and oil with a whisk. Add remaining ingredients and stir just until blended. Spoon 3/4 full into muffin cup prepared with non-stick spray. (I used paper cups for quick clean up but edges weren't crispy) Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes, testing with a toothpick. Mini ones I did for 15.



When we went to our neighborhood Food For Less I asked him for fresh cranberries he about laughed in my face, little did I know they are a Christmas delicacy. Note to self, research when cranberries are in season before going to the store. We made due with dried ones which obviously do not have the juices but came out wonderfully anyways. I had to make some bite sized ones for Jakob's lunch & I added some blueberries to half of the batter because blueberries are my favorite! So delicious!

No comments:
Post a Comment