One day in the middle of daughter-in-law training Mom Tobler had a friend come over for a fitting. On several occasions I found her looking for something that had been misplaced in one of the three rooms that she works in. In an off hand comment she said "I think I need I need an apron or something to keep everything together." Ah ha the perfect mothers day gift.
If you know anything about Mom Tobler you would know that her taste in colour is well... rather dull. I phoned her from JoAnn's craft store and asked her "If you could have a fun accessory in any color what would it be?" Yes I know vague but I did say FUN. She replied with "Black, White, Navy Blue.. maybe Grey." I told her that her concept of fun was slightly different than mine and said I would take care of it myself. I love this fabric! And it worked out beautifully!
Of course I had a tutorial to follow as my sewing skills are all right but nothing stellar. If you'd like to make one you can find the tutorial here.
She also shares how to make the flower here. These flowers are simple to make and absolutely adorable. I made a few for my head bands. I was so exited to give the finished product to Mom T, I could hardly wait! She was pretty happy with her new apron even if it wasn't black. Personally I thought it was adorable I think I might make one for myself & Momma van den Berge for her home economics class when I get back home to Canada. :) Happy Mothers Day.
2 comments:
I love this!!! Will have to make one for myself and for my mom as a Late mother's day gift....now I just have to find the time :)..
Wow it turned out really good! I'm very impressed :)
Post a Comment