Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Treasures!!!!!!!

It has been WEEKS since Mom Tobler and I have been able to go yard sale-ing (what is the correct terminology?) together. There is something horribly dissatisfying about going alone. This weekend however we found several treasures. I have been looking for a desk for quite some time now. I couldn't stand Jakob's old table. It was just to BIG for our one bedroom apartment. This desk is solid wood and is in excellent condition. How much? $15 Yes, I know! I love it!!!

On Saturday we found the little filing cabinet for 5 bucks. Yes neither the desk or the cabinet are the colour that I dreamed of, however that simply means I won't be so attached to them when Jakob and I end up making the great move to who knows where.

I got this skirt for 2 bucks and I absolutely adore it! The lady had traveled to Scotland and bought several of these. Now I wish I had gotten a green one as well. Oh how I love yard sales!Isn't this just precious. Okay I know what all you Canadians are thinking "She's gone to the dark side" but seriously for a dollar I had to get it for Jakob. You should have seen the smile across his face. Don't you worry I will put up the Canadian flag on Canada day! And if I ever stumble upon a Canadian quilt I'll be on it faster than stink on a wart hog! Perhaps I should just make one. Anyone have a good pattern?

1 comment:

Jenna Scott said...

I'm very excited to go yard sale-ing with you Saturday! I am in need of a dining room table... the one we have is just too small and I also need some decoration stuff :)