Sunday, October 31, 2010

For One Little Bear

Last week, Jakob's sister-in-law Janet e-mailed me and asked if I could make a little bear hat for baby Lucia. Of course I said yes and set off to work.

I have never made a toque for a baby before so I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to get my feet wet. I asked Janet for the circumference of Lucia's head and found a pattern I liked.... FAIL! I didn't like the pattern one bit! It was HUGE!!! But I finished it regardless. After some pondering I threw away the pattern and made up my own which was a great deal smaller. Freaking adorable! It was much harder than I thought it would be, not having ever met or seen Lucia aside from a few photo's.

Then I got to thinking well she's got to have matching booties. Once again having never met Lucia I had only the measurement to go off of. I loved the booties and for my first pair I think they turned out quite cute.

And here's the little bear! Cute as a button as always!

Goldilocks and the three bears! Don't they look fabulous? How do they come up with these things? Jakob and I can barley think of anything for couples which is the easiest. I had a lot of fun making the toque and booties for Lucia. It made me think that I should start my own Etsy shop. I'll reveal more details about that as it unfolds. Happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

You should have an etsy store!
Thanks again, we loved it!!! She really looked like a bear :).