Wednesday, January 19, 2011

*Bang, Bang*

The other day Jakob asked if I wanted to go shooting. I have been putting off learning how to shoot his gun for awhile now. I figure man time is man time and they don't need a clueless female ruining their fun, plus I don't like loud noises. This time however it was only going to be Jakob, Bill and I; begrudgingly I agreed. If we're going to have a gun in the house I had better know how to use it! As we were pulling up Bill asked me if I was excited and I said "Well the Patriotism isn't overflowing within me if that's what you mean." My heart was beating a mile a minute, I was so nervous! My idea of fun did not involve lethal weapons. Did you catch how I said "did"?

I came to find that I really like shooting. I'm not good by any stretch of the imagination but once I got over my nerves I had a good time. The shotgun scared me half to death but with time I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I loved shooting hand guns, not in the same way Jakob does after all he could spend the entire afternoon shooting in the desert. His Sig was a little heavy for me, but I really liked it. Dad Toblers 22 was my favorite however, just the right size. In the very distant future I'd like to get the Sig Mosquito. I had a really good time and am looking forward to going back and practicing.

No comments: