Friday, January 21, 2011

Desert Shopping

While on my way to Mom and Dad Toblers; I noticed something on the side of the curb that looked as though it had some potential. Now I admit I love desert shopping as much as the next gal, but I also try to retain some form of dignity by not shopping in broad daylight while the owners are still standing in their driveway. Once it was dark Mom Tobler and I went to get a closer look. They had 4 CD racks in perfectly good condition. When I saw them however my thoughts immediately went to shoes. I simply couldn't control myself. I grabbed 2 and placed them in Jakob's Lumina.

After a month of not being able to get into our laundry room I finally chopped the rack in half and put them together. Is it the fanciest? No. Is it stable? Yes. Does it hold all of my shoes? No, but I don't think that will ever be possible. Is it better than what I had before? YES! We can finally move about our laundry room without having to move the previous shoe rack. I'm very pleased with the end result and even more pleased with the price: FREE!

No comments: