I have officially completed my first semester of college! *Woot woot* I received easy A's in both classes. I had enough extra credit in both classes I didn't even have to take my final test to receive the grade. This semester has been both beneficial and a curse. It was simple, which allowed for an easy transition into a "school like routine." I haven't attended school for four years so I was thankful for the easy load. However on the flip side it was so simple that I didn't take it very seriously. I already knew I was going to pass with flying colours, so I did what was required and accepted my grade. This has cursed me however, for future classes, I'm assuming the rest of my college career may not be so simple. I have become accustomed to not "having" to do my homework, and getting extra credit if I did.
Which now brings me to next semester, tuition will no longer be as cheap for me to simply goof around. I am not aiming for any degree by any sort of the imagination so I don't see the need to spend money when I simply do not wish to achieve a greater goal. I would like to take a finance course and to learn Spanish to help me with my future business but that, for me, is where it ends. So the nagging question is.... to go back or not to go back? I suppose it all depends on tuition costs and how much financial aid is left over after Jakob's tuition. If I do go back I will keep things at my two class quota. I really did enjoy the learning experience and I did learn several useful things to help me with my future business, I can only assume that furthering my education will better help me prepare for the launch of my company once we move. In summation, I'm not sure what is in store for me next fall. Hopefully school.
Our lives are in complete limbo as of right now. Jakob will find out on Friday whether he has gotten an internship with Allegiant Air. Cross your fingers! He has also gotten a job at Cambridge Financial and will be working with insurance, which to our surprise, he's very excited about! I'm so proud of him! He works so hard to provide for our family and he does such a good job at it! Hopefully our lives and future will become a little more set in stone, but until then we are enjoying the ride and learning a lots as we go!
Which now brings me to next semester, tuition will no longer be as cheap for me to simply goof around. I am not aiming for any degree by any sort of the imagination so I don't see the need to spend money when I simply do not wish to achieve a greater goal. I would like to take a finance course and to learn Spanish to help me with my future business but that, for me, is where it ends. So the nagging question is.... to go back or not to go back? I suppose it all depends on tuition costs and how much financial aid is left over after Jakob's tuition. If I do go back I will keep things at my two class quota. I really did enjoy the learning experience and I did learn several useful things to help me with my future business, I can only assume that furthering my education will better help me prepare for the launch of my company once we move. In summation, I'm not sure what is in store for me next fall. Hopefully school.
Our lives are in complete limbo as of right now. Jakob will find out on Friday whether he has gotten an internship with Allegiant Air. Cross your fingers! He has also gotten a job at Cambridge Financial and will be working with insurance, which to our surprise, he's very excited about! I'm so proud of him! He works so hard to provide for our family and he does such a good job at it! Hopefully our lives and future will become a little more set in stone, but until then we are enjoying the ride and learning a lots as we go!
1 comment:
That's exciting hope Jakob gets the internship! Will be neat if you end up on the east coast someday :).
Post a Comment