Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Little Feet

As I'm sure most know by now Jakob and I are expecting. We are so excited and I'm even more excited I can finally talk freely about it. Secrets are horrible! We are due either the 21st or 29th of February (yes leap year.) We'll know for sure at our next ultra sound on the 16th.

My entire life whenever people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said something that will let me be with my children. I cannot wait to be a mother. I honestly don't think the concept has fully sunk in yet and we are already three months along. We are so excited and can hardly wait until our little bundle of joy arrives. I will admit I am taking full advantage of my peace and quiet, soon it will be but a memory. I can't wait!

Mom has asked me 4 times in 2 days if I'm expecting and each time I'd reply with a not so convincing "Nope." I thought I had done pretty well hiding it since I have a cold and can use that as a cover up for my sleeping habits. While we were getting ready for the day (talk about the most "uncute" way to announce this ever!) Mom asked me again only this time she accused me of lying to her. She then put her head to my stomach and asked "Is there anyone in there?" How could I not tell her? I laughed and said yes, and she just beamed. It was exactly the reaction I was hoping for. This is her first grand child and you can tell she's excited to become "Oma."

My father was adorable. He was so excited and just beamed. He had some trouble keeping the secret and spilled the beans but who can blame him? This will be Daddy's second grand child (my half brother has a daughter named Mya)

For Mom and Dad Tobler we didn't do anything special. They were just as happy with plain old words as they would be with a picture. It will be grand baby number 6 on the Tobler side. I think that is pretty cool because I was grand baby number 6 on my mothers side of the family. Like I said before we are so excited and can't believe that we're already 3 months along! Time is flying. Before I know it we'll be parents!

4 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

Is Baby Sig is being replaced:)?

Stephanie Tobler said...

I think you'd like to keep him :)
No we'll take back baby Sig once we have a better habitat for him.

Janet said...

YEA!! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to find out if it's a Tobler boy or a Princess Tobler Girl?!?!?!?

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! Your baby is going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!