Monday, October 10, 2011

It's A....

Pink or Blue?? On Friday Jakob and I had our Gender Reveal Party. We had originally heard about this from a woman we sat next to on an airplane. For those of you who are unfamiliar with gender reveals (as we once were) I shall explain. Because Jakob was originally not able to attend our ultrasound to determine the gender of our little one, I wanted to think of some special way for us to find out together. This party was perfect! The ultrasound tech had us close our eyes while she found out the gender. She then took the pictures and wrote down what it was on a slip on paper and placed it in a sealed envelope. I then took the envelope to my dear friend Mare Nielson who made our darling cake. (More on her in a minute.) She then opened the envelope and made a gender neutral cake on the outside but on the inside the cake would be either pink or blue. We would find out the gender by cutting into the cake with all of our family and friends present.

I cannot say enough good things about this cake!!! Can everyone simply sit and admire it for a moment? Talk bout precious and simply perfect. Mare and her hubby Tyler did such an amazing job. A HUGE shout out to them! I couldn't have been happier! Thank you for all of the hard work and time that you both put into this cake!! It meant the world to Jakob and I! While we're doing some shoutouts, a huge thank you to Jenna for taking such wonderful pictures!! You are amazing girl!

The darling cake table!

The food! A huge shout out to Mom Tobler who created all of the delicious wonder as pictured above and to Leah Clair who came over early to help get everything put together last minute, you were a wondrous help and I really appreciated it! We had two kinds of salad, chicken noodle soup, potato and sausage soup and garlic bread. It was wonderful!

I think the funniest part of the evening would have to be Dad Tobler walking around with our Boston family on Skype. He would tote around the computer and show everyone what was going on. I love technology, what a wonderful way to keep far away family close.

Some of the gentlemen. What handsome fellows!

The first cut into the cake! I was shaking I was so excited!

It's a GIRL!!!!!
I can't even put into words how excited we are! Tutu's, hair bows and flowers! Yet again another Tobler princess! (So far there are 6 Tobler grandchildren 5 of which are girls.)

It took a little while for Jakob to wrap his head around it. I think he thought he could raise a little boy but a princess was a little much for him to think about. Our little lady will be Daddy's little girl of this I am sure!

Thank you to all who came to support us near and far! We feel so much love and support from everyone. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!

6 comments:

Janet said...

We had so much fun being a part of it! The party turned out perfect. Congrats again, GIRLS RULE!!;)

The Mom Tobler said...

This happy gramma... who has been surrounded by the male gender all her life...is finally getting to enjoy the princess side of life.

Rach and Clark said...

yay, that is so exciting, congrats! Poor Charlie, he is so outnumbered! Your friend Jenna did great with the pics!

The Nielsons said...

Such a fun night and a great party... Thank you for trusting us with your secret. We had such a fun time and are so glad that you were happy with the cake. Congratulations again... I knew it was a girl!!!! Girls are so fun too!! Love ya guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from the Shoemakes. Kenzie guessed right, I was wrong as I just couldn't believe that the Toblers could possibly be producing all of these little girls!
Your reveal party looked like a lot of fun. Kudos to all who helped make it so special. The cake and decorations were absolutely darling, like I am sure your little one will be.
Love, Jera

Kayla Ann said...

AHHH so CUTE!!! looks like a lot of fun! wish I could have been there! so excited for you guys!! can't wait to see you at Christmas!!