Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Holy Moley! How did 2011 slide by so fast?! I remember looking back in June thinking December was forever away and here it has already come and gone in the blink of an eye! I remember looking forward to 2011 with a heart full of goals. I was determined to change, to evolve somehow and perhaps I have in some ways but not to the extent I would have liked. I wrote out my list and simply left it there. This year I want to actually achieve some of those goals on my list, hopefully I can be better this year! Here are my New Years Resolutions for 2012.
  1. Be a dedicated mother. It is one thing to simply raise a child and another to put all of your might mind and soul into being a parent. I want to be a mother who adores my children, who laughs with them, who plays with them. I don't want to be looking at the clock thinking "only one more hour until bed time." I realize that of course every parent has those hard days, sometimes even hard weeks but I want to be actively involved in my children's lives and I want to start day 1.
  2. WORK OUT! I know everybody puts this on their list but after our little girl arrives I will have more motivation since I'll have some extra pounds to lose. I want to do this the healthy way instead of starving myself which I have done my entire life. I was anorexic throughout high school and the first bit of our marriage. Jakob has helped a lot with getting me to eat and realizing there is a right and a wrong way to stay thin and be healthy. After Ethnie is born I want to stay healthy and love myself regardless. Perhaps that means I will no longer be 5' 9" at 120 pounds and a size 3 and I will have to accept that and realize that it's okay. :)
  3. Once again I am putting keep a clean house. It has been so much easier now that we have space to move around but there is always room for improvement! Organized I am but I need to do deep herbal cleanings more often.
  4. Once again I am putting magnifying my calling on here. We have just been called to be the "Bear Den" Leaders. I feel uncomfortable because I do not know what that entails. I have some time to get it figured out before our little lady arrives but I want to be there for those boys and ensure that they are having fun and their testimonies are growing!
  5. Read my scriptures every day..... yeah I've fallen off of the band wagon. Enough said.
  6. Scrapbook!!! I put this on here last year and then somehow I got even worse!! I didn't make a single birthday card this year. I know I suck! This year I need to be more prepared and prioritize. It isn't hard to make a card, time consuming perhaps but I think it means a lot to know that someone cares enough to take time out of their lives to send a simple card. Maybe that is just me but I always appreciate it.
  7. Fall in love with my husband even more. Over the past year I have realized that our marriage works and thrives because Jakob and I continuously strive to make it that way. Over the past year I have grown to love him more that I ever knew possible. I want that to continue and it takes effort on both parts. I am so lucky to be in love with my best friend!
  8. Don't sweat the small stuff. I'm getting better at this but I still have a long way to go. I have some OCD issues and I know it. It's the small things that get to me and I'm learning that in the end it doesn't matter! Just go with the flow :)
  9. Dance like no one is watching! This is more of a metaphor than a literal statement. I want to live life to the fullest instead of just gliding on by. I want to make mistakes and learn from them. I want to saver moments with family and friends. I want to put my whole heart into things that I do. Sometimes that might mean failure and I have to accept that that is okay. Most of the time it'll mean an adventure, a story, a journey, a success and that is what I am aiming for!
  10. Join the choir. I love to sing. I think the choir would be fun.
There we are! My top ten for 2012! I am so thankful for all that we have been blessed with throughout 2011, it was a wonderful year! I am looking forward to all of the adventures that are in store for us in 2012! Happy New Year everyone!!

3 comments:

Rach and Clark said...

I am with you on #5. Speaking of which, maybe I should dust off my scriptures (kind of joking) and get to it! Also, you can still be a size three at a healthy weight. I'm living proof. Just eat fairly healthy and never, ever weigh yourself!

The Mom Tobler said...

I agree just follow Rachel's example to maintain a size 3...eat fairly healthy, and RUN 8 MILES A DAY. I can do that:)

Stef said...

I had no idea you had an eating disorder, Steph! I had a different one and it's more difficult than anyone can imagine to change your way of thinking, let alone your lifestyle. You're going to do great. <3