Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The End of Life As We Know It

Let me first place a disclaimer to my choice of title, I do not see the end of life as we know it to be a bad thing, quite the contrary. Jakob and I are about to enter into a new phase in our lives and we couldn't be more excited! Last night we celebrated both Valentines and our last date together without the need of a babysitter or having a little person with us for dinner. I decided that this year Jakob and I would simply K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Silly). I didn't want to stress out over Valentines week and Jakob agreed. This year we simply went out for dinner and wrote each other our traditional letters. Much better than something extravagant especially with a baby due any day!

Our little family is expanding and gosh darn it we are excited for the arrival of our little girl! As soon as we got home Jakob looked at me and said; "Well, let's have a baby!" If only it was that simple! She's been stubborn since day one and even though I'm doing everything I can to get things moving, she still seems to be quite comfortable. I know she'll arrive when she's good and ready and nothing I do will change that. We can hardly wait to finally meet her! Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments:

The Nielsons said...

So sweet!!! I am glad you guys were able to share a nice evening together! Happy Valentine's Day to you!!! You are such a dear friend to me and I am grateful for you!

Jenna Scott said...

You guys are so stinkin' adorable! I'm a little jealous of your letters, I have the worse time making sure James at least gets me a card ;) Happy Valentine's Day little Tobler lovebirds, and baby Ethnie too!

Janet said...

Hoping to get a call from you this week, that our little niece is here!!
Sounds like you had a peaceful and romantic valentines :)!