Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Welcome Home Round II


Monday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. Ethnie and I were finally discharged. I was so excited to be able to take our little girl home once again. I can say with confidence that the four days we spent in the hospital were by far the hardest days of my life. Having our precious newborn baby tethered to an IV and other monitors, watching them stick her with needles, and hearing her little cry and not being able to comfort her just broke my heart. At one point in time, one of the nurses said I was interfering with the monitors and I that I wasn't allowed to hold her. I almost ripped her head off.

In the end I was so thankful to have had a full work up done, we now know for sure that nothing is wrong and we are praying that everything stays that way. We still do not know the cause of her episode but we're so grateful that she is home and healthy. I am so grateful that everything they were doing was precautionary, I can't imagine what the other parents were going through in the hospital. Good gravy, just thinking about it breaks my heart. Okay.... enough depression.

We came home to a letter from Ethnie's cousin's Violet and Lucia in Boston. What a perfect way to welcome her home!! Thanks girls!! We loved it!

Once again a huge thank you to you all for your thoughts, words of encouragement and prayers! They have had an impact and we truly appreciate it! We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Welcome home pretty baby girl!