Monday was just one of those days where nothing goes according to plan and you end up sitting on the floor sobbing. I started off the morning by installing Picasa on my computer. Yes, we do have Photoshop but I was looking for something a little more user friendly. I will have to take a class to be able to learn all of the magic in PS. Anyways, I installed Picasa when I realized it's finding movies and Jakob's files and I really didn't want any of that on there so I started deleting. I must have been doing this for a minute or so when the thought crossed my mind.... I hope this isn't clearing the computer as well?! Yup, I didn't realize that it just "finds" files and doesn't "copy" them. So to the recycle bin I went to retrieve what I had deleted. I went to check my pictures and EVERYTHING was missing. The only thing I had left was 2012 (thank heavens! If I would have lost Ethnie's pictures I would have gone insane!) and our wedding photos, everything else had vanished. Confused and upset I went crazy trying to scan the computer for my files. Nope gone. I don't remember deleting them but honestly who knows. I was going pretty quick. Everything was somehow scrambled. I did quiet a number!
Anyways, needless to say I was sobbing on the floor. I couldn't find my phone to get a hold of anyone so I just sat there crying! That's when Ethnie woke up from a 20 minute nap (which should have been 2 hours) and I was going crazy trying to satisfy her and figure out what had happened to 7 years worth of pictures. It was about this time that I decided I needed to take my mind off of it, go pack for my week with Mom Tobler (Jakob went to Boston to train for his new job at N.E.P.C. more on that later.)
This is where things get really bad. I put Ethnie on the bed so she could play while I packed a folded laundry. I went into her room down the hall to grab a couple of outfits when all of a sudden I hear this silence, then a BOOM and then her poor little scream. She has never barrel rolled before and poor baby Ethnie tumbled off of the bed... which lead to more tears from both of us. It was at that point that we went downstairs to cuddle and watch a movie. Like I said it was one of those days. We did use four different recovery programs and I think we got most of our pictures back. Time will tell. I guess in the end it's a good thing I have a blog so I have some documentation of our lives. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment