Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy New Year!

 What did ya'll do for New Years? Jakob and I celebrated once again by parting it up at the Encore with some of the richest people in the world. Jakob was Marty from Madagascar and I was a face painting clown. We had a jolly good time but best of all, when the party ended, we got out of there in less than 20 min! Last year we spent a hour just trying to get out of the parking garage! SCORE! We sure did miss our little princess though. I think next year we will stick a little closer to home.

 As per usual E had a special outfit for the holiday! Isn't she cute? I have a few resolutions for the year. Mostly the same old same old.

 1. Scriptures! Golly why is this so difficult? We had a good routine and somehow lost it! Time for me to start "whipping the crack" again. (Just for you Janet!)
2. Work at being a Mom and a Wife. Allow me to explain. Most days I get up and I work on was has to be done ie. laundry, dishes, house ect. ect. I want to try and do one thing a day, it can be a small thing, to better my relationship and bond with my husband and my daughter. I want to do one thing where I just focus on them and try to make thier day a little bit brighter.
3. Learn to say No. I'm getting better but sometimes you need to put things on hold for 5 minutes to focus on you and your family. I will of course still try to do what I need to and as much as I can but I need to focus on what really matters and that is close to home.
4. Make birthday cards this year. They don't have to be extravagant, or time consuming, but a little something would be nice.
5. Enjoy the Journey. Time is going by too fast and I need to find more joy in my journey.

2012 was a wonderful year and I honestly could not be happier. Jakob and I have been so blessed and we thank Heavenly Father every day for all that he has done for us. Joy doesn't even cover it! I have a feeling that 2013 will be just as wonderful!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Happy New Year! Love the outfit!