Monday, January 19, 2015

Drip, Drip!

A few Sunday's ago I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting about goals. It was going pretty well, I was super nervous for some reason (usually public speaking doesn't bother me) but still I felt that I was doing alright. I cried pretty well throughout the entire thing. It's not my fault really, every since Ethnie was born I've been an emotional hot mess when it comes to spiritual things. My emotions are wired directly to my tear ducts. Anyways, I was about to tell a story and I began to cry then out of no where my nose drips ONTO the pulpit. I mean, it didn't even feel as though my nose was running and then BOOM a waterfall from my nose. I was so shocked that I stopped mid sentence and said "Oh my gosh! Did you guys see that?!" Some people laughed nervously and by now all eyes were focused on me. I then continued by saying "That was disgusting! I mean how do you even recover from something like that?!" A few people giggled. I grabbed a Kleenex, and wiped the pulpit where my snot was and quickly pulled myself together and then I finished my story. I mean, really who does that happen to?? Anyways apparently only a few people actually saw the offense most people were laughing at my reaction. I think it was more funny than embarrassing. Needless to say, people remembered my talk.

3 comments:

The Mom Tobler said...

Blogs need "like" button...or a "you made me laugh" button. Every time I think about this I laugh out loud.

Janet said...

Ha!!! Steph that is funny! Love you!

Unknown said...

LOL. Only you would handle that so well.