Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Opa's Final Day in Nashville

 Our last day with Opa we wanted to pack in as much fun as possible!! First adventure was back to the Zoo. E really wanted to play at the playground but every thing was soaked, so instead we went and explored a bit. 

We went to the kangaroo exhibit where we got to pet Roo's! You can only pet them it they come onto the path, which they almost never do. One of my friends has had a pass for 8 years and has only been able to pet the Roo's once. So this was a BIG deal! 

 I was really surprised by how soft they were! I thought their hair would be course but it was soft almost like a bunny.

 Since it was so cold out, not many animals were out but the flamingos were and they were beautiful!

 We then headed back into the gift shop to warm up for a bit. E had a super fun time playing with all of the African instruments.

 Once Duke had finished his morning nap we headed home to pick up Daddy and Duke and then we headed down town to explore a bit. We had to sit next to Chet Atkins. 

 Then we wandered down Printers Alley, which I've been told you shouldn't go down at night. 

 It was super neat! I would love to come down here and take family pictures! There were so many different wall textures! I think that may be a project once Mom Tobler comes back in May. 

 Then it was time to head back to the car. I had to stop to get some stamps. This post office was like stepping back in time! It was so cute!

 We dropped off the kiddos and Jakob for nap time and then Dad and I headed to Khols to get some jeans. We didn't buy a single pair of jeans but we totally raided the Clearance racks and Dad ended up with 21 sweaters, 3 pairs of pants, a hand full of ties and some jewelery for Mom.

 I found a ring that I may like for my 10th anniversary. I want something vintage, with gold. This ring was stunning and was on sale for $750. Not too bad. Don't worry we still have 4 years until our 10th. 

After Khols we came home to get the fam jam and headed out for dinner. I was so worried about Duke but he was A-MAZ-ING! He sat still in his high chair and just ate. As happy as could be! I was seriously impressed. We then came home, watched a show and put the kiddos to bed. Then Dad said we had some errands to run in the morning. I told him that there wouldn't be enough time before he got to the airport and then I joked that we could go to Wal-mart right now. So we did. I have never bee shopping at Wal-mart at 1:00 in the morning. It was different. No lines that's for sure! It was a crazy busy but totally awesome day! I wasn't ready for my Dad to leave! We had such a wonderful time with him here!! Thanks for coming Daddy! We love you!!!!!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Awe your day was super packed but tons of fun! Love the ring girl, looks good on you. It is so sad when family leaves that is for sure.

Unknown said...

I had an awesome time Steph! Thanks for your hospitality and give my love to Jake, Ethnie and Sir Duke!