I love holidays but Easter was super lame this year. I just wasn't feeling it and it was cold and rainy which made us cancel our big egg hunt this year. Thank heavens Oma was here to bring some Easter cheer. WE made a giant egg out of poster board, cut it into strips and colored the strips.
We got pretty into it.
It wasn't exactly what Oma had in mind but it worked.
Sunday morning we woke up to frost on the windshield. No egg hunt today either. :(
The kids baskets where super low key. Puzzles, a few candies, finger puppet, books, Shopkins for E, and a lightsaber for Duke.
Off to church all matching in Blue.
Oma with one sad Duke.
A few days before Easter my visiting teach came by with these tulips. I was having a hard day, full of stress and emotions and tulips are my absolute favorite. They remind me of my Daddy and just made me smile. I texted her and let her know how much they meant to me and she said "I bet your Dad wanted you to have them." It was such a blessing and I couldn't help but smile every time I saw them. Duke was a big fan too. They smelled amazing!
Once we got home The kids found their baskets.
Then we had an indoor egg hunt. Not as fun as outside but the kids had a good time!
Snacks!
Then we dyed some eggs! E has been asking to do this since Christmas. She was so excited!
I love the white crayon trick!
While it wasn't exactly the Easter I had pictured, it was still nice. The kids had fun and we did a lot together. I am so greatful for this season and for the our Savoir who died for us and rose again. Through him we can return home and be together with out families forever. We are so blessed! Hoppy Easter Everyone!























1 comment:
Hoppy Easter! Looks like it was a good one minus the darn weather! Love the bunny picture!
Post a Comment