Sunday, January 14, 2018

9 Months

    • Weight: 26lbs
    • Nicknames: Sprout, Sproutatticus, Goo Goo
    • If I though he was busy last month, things have definitely escalated! Sprout starts moving the second he gets out of his crib and he only stops to nap! He is always on a mission and has started to become quite the little rascal.
    • His routine has remained the same and I am rather enjoying it. His naps are getting longer which is a game changer!
    • He is still not sleeping through the night but he is getting up less frequently. He has had to endure a bit of tough love, but I have faith he will improve more as time goes on. :)
    • Leif is still all. about. the. food! His new favorites are steamed carrots, pasta and anything that you are eating. I tried to feed his baby food and he would swat it away and cry. I offered him some pot pie soup and he downed half on my bowl. He does enjoy pouches however but insists on holding it himself. He is quite adventurous trying Chipotle, grapefruit, eggs, beans, french fries, all of the soup, mashed potatoes, peas and so on. He is a veggie lover and usually throws fruit on the floor.
    • Sprout is super close to walking. He has mastered the furniture surf and is starting to get more confident. He likes to surf from chair to chair, closing small gaps that are outside his reach. He has started standing independently, only for a few seconds at a time, and enjoys walking holding your fingers. He still lacks coordination, but his will is there!
    • Leif possesses a 6th sense telling him when the bathroom door is open. This boy loves to rip apart trash cans and if the bathroom door is open even for a minute, he's in there.
    • He is talking a lot more and using words consistently, he can say Mama, Dada, More, and Dot it. The got it is hit or miss but nothing makes a Mama heart swoon then her baby calling for her!
    • Sprout is still a Mama's boy but boy does he love his Daddy. I was carrying Sprout around as I was tiding up and I went to put something in the garage as I went to open the door Sprout was bouncing around in my arms like a jelly bean, so excited, I opened the door and he audibly sighed. Poor boy was looking for his Dad. A few minutes later I took him upstairs to the office and he started jumping around again. He peeked his head around the door to look at the computer and once again Daddy wasn't there and he got really sad. Having Daddy come home is the highlight of Sprout's day. Those two are just adorable together.
    • Sprout loves towers and knocking them down. He has also started a game where he will kneel beside you raise is hands over his head and say "HAAAAAAA AHHHHH" as he belly flops onto your tummy. It is the cutest!
    • He is not into signing and I suppose some kids just aren't. He still shakes his head and is learning how to communicate with us.
    • Leif got a tooth!!!! His first tooth poked through 1.10.18 on the bottom. The other three are very close to coming through too. I call him razor tooth and darn it that bad boy is sharp. He's only bit me once since his tooth came through and I am hoping it never happens again.
    •  Sprout can climb the stairs in less than 20 seconds. He has yet to master going down but up he's mastered!
    • He is a big fan  of the BIG slobbery kisses and I love each and every one of them!!!
    • He as the biggest personality and I feel as though I am talking to a big boy and not a baby when we play. He has opinions, wants to be heard, wants to play, and he's changing so quickly! 
    • Sprout is still huge and bulky but he's becoming a bit more lean. I suppose constantly being on the go would do that to you. 

          No comments: