Friday, May 18, 2018

Hair Cut

I have been at war with my look for awhile now. I love my long hair, as in am ridiculously and strangely attached to it. But it is heavy and tired and I knew I needed a bigger change than just a trim. 

So I decided to chop it myself, which was even more terrifying. I knew I still wanted length but I needed it lighter. Every time i have gone to the hairdresser they end up chopping off 6+ inches and I really wasn't alright with that. 

So I took the plunge and went to town. It took 20 minutes and I {love} how it turned out. It is about four inches shorter on the bottom. I originally only took off two inches on the bottom but decided to take more because it still looked tired. Then I added layers and LOTS of them.

I completely love the way it curls. How light it is. How it only takes 15 minutes to blow dry instead of 45, and it feels different without changing a lot. Braiding is tricky and updos are a learning curve but over all. I am so happy with it! Baby steps people, baby steps.

No comments: