This year for our ninth anniversary Jakob had a cubs meeting he couldn't push back and I decided to take the kids swimming. It wasn't glamorous, but that is really the summation of our nine years together. Things don't always go as planned, but we know what is important. This year has just been so real and I am so thankful for it. Life is crazy and wild and distracting but through all of it Jakob and I did it together. I feel we balance each other perfectly, as though we have found a rhythm that works where one gives and one takes and then we switch without thought. Where we trust and support and have our own adventures together. And while most of those adventures do not happen in Holland or Australia but usually DO involve three kids and look more like a trip to the sun flower field or lunch at Costco we are so happy and so grateful for this life we have together. When I was 17 and I was imagining my life in the future THIS is what I saw. I saw children playing and laughing, I saw a husband mowing the lawn and I saw myself folding loads and loads of laundry. From the outside looking in it isn't glamorous but, for me at least, it is hands down my greatest treasure. This man, my rock, my safe place and this life that we have together. What a wonderful nine years it has been and I look forward to cherishing every blissful, wild, crazy and sometimes crummy moment ahead. I'm so lucky I'm in love with my best friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment