Friday, November 23, 2018

Friendsgiving

this year we decided to stay home for Thanksgiving and I don't think I could have loved it more! It was calm, relaxing and we just did our own thing which was amazing! the day before Thanksgiving, we headed over to Meg and Brandon's house. Brandon had to work Thanksgiving day so we decide to celebrate a day early. the food was incredible and the friendship was even more so! 

 
Over the past few months I have become quite close with Meg. She helps to ground me even though she is probably more spontaneous than I am. She's creative, hilarious and always up for an adventure and she can decorate like no one I have ever seen!! I am so thankful to have her in my life!

 
Brandon was on turkey duty and OH. MY. LANTA!!!! It was soooooooo freaking delicious! I mean mouth watering I can taste it as I type delicious. We split up the rest of the duties, which made for a really relaxed meal! We ate while the kids played and it was amazing!

Now I told Meg it was my birthday and I asked her if she was going to make me a cake. She wasn't feeling the most confident in her skills and so I said I would make it. I like to tease her and say that's she forced me into it.... she didn't. Any chance I have to make a cake, I jump on. I was pretty excited about rocking out another buttercream cake and improving my skills. i kind of love it just simply dirty iced though!!

The drip was supposed to orange.... it was looking a lot like blood.... but I think it turned out orange- ish? I really like how it turned out.

So good!! We had a great day with the Valantines! Thanks for having us over friends!!!!

Since Thanksgiving day was my birthday I decided that we were going to decorate for Christmas and that no one could complain about it because it was my birthday. So that's exactly what we did. then we went outside and raked leaves.

 That night we met up with the Atkinson family (I wish I would have taken a group picture) for dessert. She made me a very special dutch apple pie and it was amazing!! We laughed and visited while the children played and it was such a wonderful evening. 

when someone is so tired that they fall asleep in the boot cupboard. I am so thankful for family and friends near and far. I am thankful for friends here who have become our family. I am thankful for my sweet children and for my incredible husband. I am thankful for the country we live in and for the home that we have. I am thankful for the gospel and I am thankful for our Savior. My heart is so full!!! Best birthday ever!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Sister! It looks like it was fantastic!