Saturday, December 1, 2018

Ward Christmas Brunch

Mid November I was asked to coordinate the ward Christmas Brunch. I accepted and within 20 minutes I had a rock star committee put together and we hashed everything out via Marco Polo, which was amazing!! Megan was in charge of decorating, Laura was in charge of food and London helped with the back drop and then I was middle man fro all of it. It worked out great however, if I ever do it again I think I'll have three food people. I wish I would have taken a picture of the gym in all it's glory. Megan did a great job. Our theme was 'He is the Light' so we wanted to have things that lit up on every table. We did twinkle light hung from the ceiling (what a pain in the but that was) white table cloths that came on a spool, threw down some butcher paper and we gathered ornaments and garlands for the center pieces and it was stunning! Total cost $27 for table cloths, everything else we had on hand. Set up took a solid 7 hours woof! So grateful that Jakob took the day off to watch the kids.

They told us to plan for 250 people which was a GROSS over estimation. We decided to go with a breakfast burrito theme which I was SO happy with. We had tortillas, eggs, sausage, tater tots, cheese and salsa. then we had people sign up to bring fruit and muffins/ cookies and juice. We had SO much food. this menu was also nice so we could cater to those with all types of food allergies since it was a DIY bar. Laura planned out all of the proportions and purchased all of the food. Our amazing Bishopric cooked it all which was such a stress relief. 

Megan, Myself, London and Laura. I feel very brunette in this fun blonde group.

 London and I worked on this back drop. It came together really quick and I so loved how well these pictures turned out. We borrowed the manger from someone in the ward and I was so happy with the quality of these pictures. This event was actually really simple to do. I was stressed about our budget but we did a good job and they said we had some wiggle room. If we would have had an accurate read on how many peope to feed we would have been WELL under budget. In total we spent $270 and all but $25 of that was spent on food and we had TONS  of left overs. 

That evenig we headed over to the Ferrin's to have a farewell party for the Hunts. they are moving to Idaho and we are going to miss them! We played lots of fun games including Smurf (which we are totally going to play at the next Tobler reunion!!!) It was a fun filled and BUSY day!

1 comment:

Jan Tobler said...

Awesome ward party...they knew the right person to put in charge. Now that's "getting a lot of bang for the buck".