Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Jakob's Birthday

 I asked the kiddos what they wanted to do for Daddy's birthday. He had to work but they really wanted to make him a cake! So we asked Daddy what kind of cake he wanted. A lemon poppy seed cake with a gun theme. Sold.

 It was a busy day for Oma and I so by the time we had dinner going and we were ready to decorate the cake, we only had about an hour to create a master piece from start to finish.

 We made the guns out of fondant I purchased from the store because trying to get fondant black is almost impossible and I purchased the little molds on Amazon. I wished they were a bit bigger but, they served the purpose. 

 Oma rolled out some bullets and then we sprayed them silver and she hand painted the tips gold. 

 Then I drew on a target, and hand painted some numbers on. It was tricky business.

 There is our birthday boy!!

 And here are some reasons why I love Jakob
  1. He is really funny. he is always making me laugh and he gets my sense of humor even though most other people don't.
  2. He is a hard worker. this man is dedicated almost to a fault. When he is asked to do something for work or church or even a project at home it needs to be done right and he won't stop until it's perfect.
  3. He is an amazing Daddy. Those darling children adore their father. He is their best friend. E loves to talk to him and will spill her soul. Duke loves to wrestle and rough house with Daddy and Daddy is Sprout's greatest hero. He follows him every where, he's his little shadow.
  4. Daddy is a talented artist and while he doesn't paint or draw often, I am amazed by what he can create!
  5. This dude is a bomb.com husband. He see's right through me and often knows what I need before I do. He is beyond supportive (even if he doubts me the whole time haha), always encouraging me to pursue whatever craft, project, or activity I want with little to no complaining. He comes home and goes into full Dad mode taking over with the kids so I can accomplish other things. He never has any complaints about Mom's Nights out and is usually shoving me out the door. He provides for our family and has always made us feel secure at home. He is just the best.
Happiest of birthday's my love. Even though you're getting old you're still super sexy! Hope this year is a magical one full of success and joy! 

No comments: