You guys?!?! Who would have thought that the WHOLE WORLD would shut down?!? It actually blows my mind. And while having the kids home for the rest of the school year at first seemed a bit daunting, it was pretty awesome. They cancelled school during spring break, (Middle of March) and the kids started ramote learning. At first I was pretty hard core about it and then it became an activity, to have fun with... some days. They did end up working on some pretty cute things though.
One of our favorites was rolling dice and then adding/ subtracting or multiplying the numbers. We ended up buying ten and 20 sided dice to help them.
Leif wanted to work too.
Visualizing four groups of 6 = 24.
One of E's assignments was creating a pet pencil. E wanted to make a sloth and so we headed to pinterest. We designed a sloth and E hand stitched the whole thing by herself. It took her 6 hours and I was so impressed with her!
So many WebEx meetings.
E found a five leaf clover.
Shape monster from 3-d shapes.
For the most part I have been pretty chill with COVID and all of the crazy that it has brought, but picking up supplies on the last day of school was SO anticlimactic. There were no teachers. No goodbyes and it was hard. I felt bad for the kids. Then had fun collecting their treasures.
















No comments:
Post a Comment