Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Catching the Coco

 I took my before and after pictures of my working out and then Jakob and I snuggled on the couch. I was super tired and fell asleep. I woke up and was absolutely freezing. It's cold out and I didn't think much of it. The next day I woke up feeling like I had the beginning stages of a sinus infection. My nose was stuffy and I had a headache. Tuesday night I started feeling worse and spiked a low grade fever and had the body aches. At this point, Jakob suggested that I take an at home Coco Test. I told him that was ridiculous but that I would comply so that when I booked a doctors appointment for my sinus infection I could tell them I was (-). Welp........ dang........(+). I called Jakob and he raced to the school to pick up the kids. They had been at school for an entire 20 minutes (first day back at school since winter break.) What horrible timing. 

At this point quarantining felt pointless because I had already been around the kids, but since no one else was sick, Jakob wanted me to stay away. Well, after two week already being home from winter break and Jakob about to push a HUGE deal through at work (he was working from home.) Things were hard. I felt fine after day 4. It wasn't bad at all and by day 7 I lost my taste and smell but I stayed isolated and wore a mask in common areas. while staying 6 feet away. the Real MVP was E. Jakob had a big deal going through and even through he was working from home, E turned into the primary caregiver. She watched and played with Roo ALL. DAY. LONG. She made lunch everyday and made three evenings worth of dinners. She tidied and cleaned. She snuggled and served. I'm getting emotional as I type. That girl is all the good things in this world and I am so dang thankful for her willingness to help.
 
The hardest part for me was missing human touch. No hugs from the kids or snuggles from Jakob. No baby kisses or even wrestling matches. Jakob slept downstairs for 10 days and man, I missed everyone. It was strange to be so close yet so far.

The good news was that no one else caught it. I also didn't get very sick that worst symptom was the loss of taste and smell. It really messed with my brain. Peace out Coco, lets not do it again!

No comments: