Sunday, March 8, 2009

Burnt Offerings

The G-ma Heyden

Well the following adventures will be without little Jakob, as I am in Canada and he is home in Vegas. I can not wait to return back to the sunshine but until then I shall share some "van den Berge" moments, from the great white north.
While playing a fun filled card game (van den Berge's are known for their games) my mother was baking famous "van den Berge cookies" (I'm sure there shall be many quotations and brackets in this blog, my apologies.) As she opened the oven to rotate the batch, my grand mother peered in and asked with quite a perplexed look on her precious face "What the hell is that?" Oh G-ma Heyden she is quite the comedian. Anyways, we dig around the oven to find a potato wedged back in the corner. Heaven knows how long it has been there or how many times it has been cooked. The out side looked relatively normal while the inside was completely gone. It had a few holes in it. Lucky G-ma found it when she did! The adventures never end when family games begin. :)

No comments: