Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just Jammin'

Yesterday was a special day for me. I got to spend the entire afternoon learning how to make jam with my Grandmother. My G-ma and I have always be quite close so it was really nice to be able to spend an afternoon with her and my G-pa. She taught me how to make her jam. A very delicious family secret. I was surprised at how easy it was. It took us 4 hours and we made quiet the mess. There was jam all over the windows by the time we were through, every inch of the cupboards were covered in raspberries, cups, bowls and plates. Good thing about G-ma is she's rather easy going so it was funny. G-pa decided that he would supervise from the living room. It turns out we were just too much to handle so he zonked out for a nap. We were laughing as we tasted and tested trying to make our jam perfect. We got it down to a science and came out with 28 jars of jam. It was delicious. I love my grandmother so much. We are so a like it's funny at times. I am so grateful that I got so spend some time with her and learn how to make jam. I'm sure Jakob will appreciate my new talent.

If God had intended us to follow recipes,
He wouldn't have given us grandmothers.
~Linda Henley

1 comment:

Rach and Clark said...

Yum! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You are very lucky indeed to have a grandma that is willing to teach you things in the kitchen; my grandmas never did.