Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Date Night

Jakob and I went to the strip on Monday night to shape hunt. We are trying to spell out "TOBLER" with random shapes from places that mean something to us such as St. Albert, Salt Lake and Vegas. It was a ton of fun searching for the far simpler things in life, things that go unnoticed. We were just about to begin our adventure when we ran into these guys.


These ants had a line this thick from floor to ceiling. Jakob decided to cause turmoil in the little ants line and they went bazerk! It was really neat to see how Jakob broke the line at the bottom and it changed everything all the way to the top.




Next stop the botanical gardens at the Belagio. I think that they are beautiful! Last time Jakob and I went to the strip, it was fall, I didn't take many pictures. I defiantly made up for it last night!
In case you were wondering yes, we will have a windmill and waterwheel in our back yard someday. But we are here to find shapes...

How about a "T"?


An "L"?

I'd like to buy a vowel. An "O" please?

As you can tell there wasn't much success but we did learn one very important thing.

Clearly.
We headed into Cesar's Palace to get our daily does of porn.

Enough said. Some fine couple took a moment to capture a picture because, let's be serious, self portraits can only take you so far.


It was a fun date. Though it is far easier to see shapes when the sun is up. This date is to be continued...


2 comments:

Rach and Clark said...

I totally see the "O" and the "T" but definitely don't see the "L". That's cool that you guys want a windmill and water wheel. Much more realistic than Clark and I wanting a castle. Hmmmm, need to get creative with some fast money making ideas to make our dream come true ;)

Stephanie Tobler said...

It looks more like an "a" I was shooting for a lower case "l". Really, I just wanted to post the picture. A castle would be nice, lots of cleaning though! I can barely keep up with out little apartment let alone a castle ;)