
It's October first and Fall has officially arrived! This morning Jakob and I woke up to a chilling 71F in our apartment. I think it is time to put on another blanket on the bed. If only the leaves would change color here. That is my favorite part of fall, the smells. In Canada the trees make a canopy over the street and are brilliant shades of yellow, red, and orange. I must admit that Vegas is beginning to grow on me. It is time to put away the t-shirts and pull out the sweaters. I am in such a "Autumn" mood, I want to decorate! Whenever I go into Wal-Mart I have to run to the seasonal isle to see all of the cute pumpkins
and scarecrows. I know this is only going to get harder as Fall progresses to Christmas, after all I am my mothers daughter. I can almost hear the caroling now, well let's not get ahead of ourselves! Time to bake cookies!
and scarecrows. I know this is only going to get harder as Fall progresses to Christmas, after all I am my mothers daughter. I can almost hear the caroling now, well let's not get ahead of ourselves! Time to bake cookies!
2 comments:
Stephanie, that was really beautifully written! Now I miss autumn in Canada too. :P
What kind of cookies are you baking? I still have (and frequently use) your Mom's oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe (which, in our home, have been affectionately dubbed "those yummy van den Berge cookies") Think I'll have to whip up a batch soon! :D
Lol, thank you. Those are the very cookies that Jakob and I whipped up. Only we call them "Mamma van den Berge cookies". They are defiantly my favorite.
Post a Comment