Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Progress... Finally


After much praying and many tears Jakob and I had decided that it was best that I go and get the HPV vaccination, even with another doctor willing to write us a letter saying he disagrees based on my concerns. This drug is very new and the side effects are still under going testing and analysis. Regardless we went and holy crap did it hurt! The needle was huge and it felt like I was being shocked. I am not a fan of needles to begin with but normally I can just smile through them but this was very different. Bottom line it hurt. :(
Upon completion of my medical report, Jakob and I went to the lawyers to sign the final paperwork that is to be sent to immigration pending approval. Approximately 30 pages later and discovering a new case of carpal tunnel we were sent on our way with a list of questions that they might ask us during our interview in a few months. Some of these questions include; Who woke up first this morning? In the car was the heater or the a/c on? What day of the week is the trash picked up? Oh and my favorite: Did you shower this morning? Who showered first? It made me laugh. Now I am well on my way to becoming a legal immigrant and in 3 years I can apply for citizenship and become a dually. Now it's time to gather evidence to say we are married and very much in love. I am exited for this all to be over and done with.

1 comment:

Rach and Clark said...

I know you are really upset about getting the vaccine but I would talk to doctor Kyle about it. He is a HUGE advocate for the vaccine. It might help to assuage your fears. I know there have been cases cited where the vaccine is harmful towards the woman but I haven't found any cases/studies where the vaccine will affect fetal development. Doctor Kyle could provide way more info on that though, since OB is his area of expertise.