A few posts ago I mentioned that I was busily making a quilt for the Dyers. They had their beautiful baby girl Raylee Helene Dyer on February 14th. I was able to make their quilt for them within a week! It doesn't look like much but crocheting is time consuming! I had started on Wednesday and after skipping blocks two and three of church was able to give it to them on Sunday! If you are thinking about making one for someone you know... give yourself more time! I love these quilts & I was very pleased with the end result. It just screamed baby! I had made one for Rachel (another friend) in blue so this is the first girl one I have completed. I really liked the pink and yellow. I want to experiment with more colors to see which is best for a girl & those that want the gender to be a surprise. Never the less I think these make a wonderful gift! Here it is step by step.
Step 1: Create 16 Yellow, 9 white & 24 pink. Each square takes 15 - 20 minutes if I'm focusing, Most of the time I would watch a movie so it took 30 minutes a square. Approx. 25 hours total.

Step 2: After completing all of your squares, you sew them together. I used a bobby pin which worked GREAT! At first I was sitting on my floor all hunched over which was killing my back. The next day the light in my head clicked on and I put in on a table. Each row took me an hour to sew together which totaled to 12 hours.


Step 3: After sewing it together, create a boarder. This one is only two rows because I ran out of time but it's supposed to be 4. Each row takes an hour. Regardless I was very pleased with the outcome! It looks so much better all sewn together and the Dyers were happy and that is all that matters! The time is so worth it when you see peoples faces.


I am now working on having a few pre-made so they are ready to go when I need them. I think that will make things so much easier. :)
1 comment:
A girl after my own heart. I have a bin of completed ones under my bed!
Post a Comment