Thursday, April 15, 2010

Crazy Love

On April 7th Jessica, Courtney and I took a road trip down to Phoenix, for three days, to see Michael Bublé. For those of you who don't know who Michael Bublé is... he's the modern day Frank Sinatra and he's AMAZING! I thought it would be fun for us girls to have our own little adventure.

... And an adventure it was! We left at 5:30 p.m. and drove at night. About an hour outside of Phoenix my dear car (Red Thunder) started to overheat. We phoned Stu (Courtney's husband who is pretty car savvy) and he advised us to check the fluids even though they were perfectly fine earlier that day. In the morning we come to find that once again all of the radiator fluid is gone. We drove to a Checkers and bought two gallons and filled her up again. No sooner than we had arrived back at our apartment (and let the car cool) was the fluid gone again. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if we weren't alone 6 hours away from home. However our men back home were ready for the wost and arranged to tow us back home if necessary. (Talk about worry warts. ;) But it's nice to be worried about.)

Even with Red Thunder over heating MULTIPLE times and us having to refill the radiator fluid every time we drove we didn't let it dampen our spirits! After several prayers from home and together with the girls we went to the concert and decided to fix the problem in the morning. The next day before we departed we ventured out in search of a mechanic to fix the car. This is where we found Scotty who made me laugh and smile. Turns out it was a hose that had a hole in it. He told us to go for breakfast and it would be done when we got back. I cried, after such a stressful morning and not knowing how much it would cost it was a HUGE relief to only have to replace a hose. He told us he would ensure we would be safe while we traveled back to Vegas. I am so thankful that there are still good people in this world that care enough to help and take care of strangers. I will forever remember Scotty. Even through all of the chaos Michael Bublé was sensational!

It was nice to have "girl time" & be able to spend time together with Jessica and Courtney who hit it off right away. It was Courtney's first trip without her hubby which was hard for her but we all had so much fun. Courtney had her first ever IKEA experience and she was amazed. I truly think that Vegas needs to get one. I love IKEA.

I had to take a picture of this sign. I thought it was kind of cute. While Jess spent over an hour curling my hair I read this to the girls.

I was so exited for this trip I can't even explain and let me tell you it was all worth it! Nothing could bring me down! If Michael comes to a town near you I would HIGHLY recommend going to see him!

Our tickets only cost us $50.00 a pop and we were in the very last row which to be honest was an excellent seat. It was an incredibly steep incline which made my height radar go off a little bit but for $50.00 I was pleased with our last row seats.

The opening act was a band called Naturally 7 and they were wonderful. They are an Acapulco group. If you haven't heard them (which I'm sure you haven't because their first album just came out) you should YouTube them. We were seriously impressed and they were very entertaining to watch. We met with them after the concert and they are very humble guys. I was very impressed with them.

Oh and then came Michael. He was sensational!! He sang and danced and told jokes. It was very entertaining. He doesn't believe in the "concert" feel of simply standing there and singing to you. He says if that's what you want you can buy his album and listen to it at home. His philosophy was you paid the money to come and see him so it should be a show, and a show it was.

I couldn't stop smiling and in almost all of the videos we took you can hear me singing in my horribly tone deaf voice as loud as I could. The poor people sitting beside us in this sold out show. Fun fact that Micheal told us: In 2004, his first performance was in Phoenix. He had sold 19 tickets total. Now 6 years later he had a sold out show of 13,000 people. Crazy what a lot of talent and a little bit of time can do.

We said farewell to Phoenix and headed home. It was amazing to us how dark the road was on the way down. We couldn't see a single cactus even though they were scattered EVERYWHERE! Much prettier than Vegas.

Courtney and I have decided that we'd like to live in Flagstaff with all of it's green trees and snow. Well at least have a cabin to vacation to. It was GORGEOUS and just a few miles away... Mormon lake? Curious. Even with all of the car troubles we had a ton of fun. Poor Red Thunder started acting up on the way home again but we made it home safe and sound. I don't think we'll be making any more long distance trips in that baby.

3 comments:

Jenna Scott said...

Oh my! You drove through Flagstaff you crazies? That's like an extra hour and a half of driving.

Stephanie Tobler said...

Which way did you go?

Jenna Scott said...

Def. not through Flagstaff. I went through Wikiup and all that, it saves an hour and a half! We made it there in 4 hours. My family lives there, they tell me where to go :)