Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Sunday

Although we didn't have an Easter egg hunt I would have to say that being able to see our Prophet speak in person would make this one of my favorite Easters.

Unfortunately Clark was not able to join us. So we walked with Mom, Dad & Rachel. It was so nice to be able to go as a family. Clark & Rachel only live a few blocks away so we walked most of the way.

When packing I didn't factor in walking and heels and the blisters that may result in such and action, so I wore my dirty old running shoes and switched shoes outside of the conference center.

The hall was huge and we were on the lower level on the right hand side. We were close enough to be able to tell who the people were but not close enough to see their expressions. Because of this I found myself watching the screen more than the pulpit. On several occasions I had to remind myself that this is real, I am sitting here watching and listening to conference live.

Momma V got Jakob and I matching mitts from the winter Olympics in Canada. Pappa V dared me to wave wearing my mitts so he could see us on the camera. I may be bold but I didn't want to be the first person to wave to their parents at conference. So here Mom is waving for all of those to see!

I know it says no pictures but I couldn't help myself. The choir was amazing in person! It was a beautiful Easter melody. After hearing them on T.V you'd think I'd be used to them but every time they sang I had goosebumps. They were wonderful!

Being just one person in a congregation of this size made me feel so small in a church so big. I have never seen a gathering of that magnitude before and all to sit and be taught. It warms my heart to know that there are members all around the world with morals, standards & faith. To be a part of something so large and wonderful is an amazing feeling. The power I felt as we sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". There was a section that was across the hall that was signing the words & it pricked my heart. I don't think I could forget that feeling. (I took this at the end of conference not during the song)


I had a burning feeling as the congregation stood for President Monson as he left. He waved good bye and we all waved back. I could feel the love he had for the members and the love that the members had for him. What an incredible man.

Making our way back home through the throng of people. Smiles all around.

We had such a good time at conference. I would highly recommend it for all who haven't gone yet. Just simply for the spirit that is there. I would love to attend another session hopefully in the near future. It was a wonderful experience.

1 comment:

Janet said...

It is an awesome experience :)! Chad & I were able to go shortly after we were married with Mom & Pops Tobler, fun times.