Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Page

Yesterday I did something I have been dragging my feet about for 4 years now... I signed up for school. I smiled when I saw this little guy on one of the guidance councilors desks because that is exactly how I felt! I will be attending the College of Southern Nevada (CSN) studying dental hygiene. The very thought terrifies me more than I can fabricate into words but I am excited at the same time. I don't honestly know how to be a student, seeing as how I would have never called myself one back in high school. The only thing that mattered back then was cheer. I feel however with time, age and maturity now on my side I will be a far more dedicated student than I ever hoped to be in high school. I am thrilled to actually feel as though I am progressing in life. To have something of my own to work towards and accomplish. I'm terrified at the thought of failure yet I know that failure is a part of life and if I dedicate myself failure will not be an option. All in all I suppose I'm excited! I'm turning the page... finally!!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Congrats!! That is really exciting, hang in there and in a blink of an eye it will be over with :). You can do it!

Rach and Clark said...

Steph, you'll do great! Just stay focused and study...you can't fail. We're proud of you!

The Mom Tobler said...

Getting started is the biggest step. Good for you...you're on your way.

Unknown said...

I am positive that you will do great! Just think of it as another project you have to work on and don't forget to reward yourself when you do good on a test.

Alexis said...

That is such exciting news. Good luck to you. I know you will be great!