Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A House to Admire


I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month - Harlan Miller

I'd like to take a minute to admire some of these gingerbread houses. They are exquisite! Look at the doors and gazebo on this one, not to mention how big it is! Glorious!

This one has charming written all over it! I love the shutters and cobble stone walkway; and how darling are those "bushes"? It just makes me want to say "awe".

This one takes the cake however. Look at the detail in the lattice underneath, the wood grains and it's circular! Everything about this is just stunning! So detailed and precise, I envy people who can do this. Next year I would love to make one I'm sure it'll be just your basic box house however. I've never attempted a real gingerbread house... this should be exciting! Now I only have to wait... 11 months :(.

No comments: