Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear Kayla, We Love You!

Back on his mission, Jakob bought a maple leaf belt buckle. The belt since then has fallen apart. We tried to find several replacement belts but the buckle was always too narrow. So the hunt was on for a replacement buckle. Obviously I wouldn't find one here in the States so I turned to the internet for some answers. You can find anything on there right? WRONG! Not one site on the internet sold plain metal buckles with a maple leaf. Needless to say, Jakob was disappointed. That is when I called up my good friend Kayla (whom lives in Canada & is a welder) and asked her if she could do it for me, as if she has nothing better to do with her crazy schedule! I think she did a fabulous job!!! Would you believe it's her first buckle ever? Jakob absolutely loves it! Thank you Kayla!!! You are the best!!!

1 comment:

Kayla Ann said...

Dear Stephanie: thanks for the shout out on your blog.... the picture is a little too close for comfort lol I can see all the flaws that i tried to get rid of for hours!! haha aluminum is kind of a pain!! anyways love you lots you rock my world!! I have a picture that I saw and thought of you but it wont let me post a picture on your blog so I'm sending it via facebook msg hope you get a good laugh out of it :)