
While visiting Rexburg I wanted a tour of the campus, only problem was... it was freezing! So Jessica, Leanne and I hopped in her car and they took me on an in car tour (Much warmer). The campus was really pretty and you could feel the spirit that it had. I loved seeing how excited the girls were to show me what buildings they attended class in and where the major events take place. That evening there was a production going on and you could hear the music as they rehearsed.

My favorite part of the tour however was driving by the temple. It was too chilly so I didn't get out, hence the crooked temple and cropped off Moroni. You can see the Rexburg temple from almost anywhere in the city. It sits up on top of a hill and at night is lit up. To me it was a constant reminder, just as a lighthouse is to a sailor, helping to weather to storms in our lives.

Even with all of the crazy rules, I really did enjoy being surrounded by people with the same standards as mine. I was not bombarded by all of the wicked things in this day and age. I loved the spirit that was there and the fellowship. To answer the Tobler's question, no I did not get any offers. People are pretty ring
conscious in BYU. Once they asked if I was married it was like I had the plague or something, they hardly noticed I was there. I did however run into one of Jakob's mission companions. He was room mates with Jessica's boyfriend. It was nice to "know" someone other than my family members. Small world.
No comments:
Post a Comment