Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ladies Night

Every month a good friend Mare Nielson hosts a craft night for the ladies in our ward. I love being able to get together with these ladies and laugh as we share our creative abilities. We always have a ball and this months craft night was no exception.

Fall is slowly creeping it's way into Vegas and let's just say I am thrilled!! Don't get me wrong I love the heat and sunshine; I'm just excited for Mom Tobler's chicken noodle soup, fall colours (in the mountains of course because nothing changes in Vegas), and Halloween decorations. I took a stroll through the Halloween section at Michael's and I couldn't stop smiling. In light of the up and coming fall season Mare determined that we should make some sort of Halloween decoration. We all know how I adore Halloween! The original link came from LinkCrazy Domestic. L-O-V-E it!

Mare was kind enough to pick up some jars for me and I raided my cupboards for left over mason jars. Different sizes and shapes totally makes the difference with this project! Add some tissue paper and a whole lot of modge podge and your on your way!

This is Abby, who claims to have zero artistic abilities. I did make her paint her own faces on her jars and I think they turned out rather cute, even if they do have baby teeth. :) I was laughing so hard as she painted I cried.

Did I mention that Mare can bake and her husband Tyler is a culinary art student? AKA there are always delicious gourmet goodies at their home. These cupcakes were super yummy. I loved the frosting!!! Plus, did you notice the different colored batter? So cute!

Voila, my final product! Well almost... since we are moving I didn't add the bolts to Mr. Franks head for fear they'd get knocked off in the move. I'm also going o add some green raffia to the top of my pumpkin. I am very pleased with the result and even more pleased to have finally created something! My hands feel so idle and crocheting baby hats simply doesn't fill that creative void. I am so thankful for fabulous friends who host evenings such as these and the memories we create in the process.

3 comments:

The Nielsons said...

Steph, glad you had fun!! Next month is in the works as well!! LOL. Thanks for all of your kind words... You are awesome!!!! Good luck with things.

Janet said...

Wow I love them, wish I had a fireplace to put them on but gosh I'm sure I could find a spot for them;). Where are u moving to? Chad told me Jake is going to come our way in december how exciting!

Ron van den Berge said...

Steph. I can't believe you support that Pagan ritual:-)